Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our busy weekend..

Jeff and I had a very busy weekend.  It started on Friday afternoon.  I came home from work and started getting ready for our trip to Duncan.  First, the dog needed a bath, because of course she would be joining us on the trip.  So after her bath, I needed a bath.  I then got us all packed, cleaned the house a bit, and was ready to go.  Jeff called to say he was on his way home from work, which meant that we would be on the road shortly.  Hooray!

Then the doorbell rang.  I looked out the peephole to see two boys that live a few houses down standing there.  I opened the door and greeted them.  The older boy asked if my husband was home.  I told them that he would be home in just a few minutes.  They both had flat tires on their bikes and were counting on Jeff to help them out.  So Jeff gets home and airs up their tires.  Well, except one.  One tire was flat. Totally flat.  With a hole.  And Jeff just couldn't leave the boys without their bike for the weekend, so he dug around the garage for something to fix it with.  45 minutes later, we were on the road.

We arrived in Duncan around 10:30.  We were pretty tired, as were Jeff's parents, who had been babysitting our 2 nephews all evening, so we all crashed.  The next day, I woke to the smell of bacon cooking, which is the best way to wake up.  It never fails, when we go to Duncan, that Jeff's mom cooks the most wonderful meals for us, starting will breakfast.  So I groggily got out of bed and wandered to the kitchen, where everyone else had already gathered.  

After breakfast, and a bit of snoozing on the couch, we watched some football and relaxed the day away.  It was perfect.  It was just the type of laid back weekend that Jeff and I both needed.

On the way back to Tulsa that evening, we decided to stop in Bristow for some Chinese food for dinner.  I called my mom to see if we could drop of Maggie while we ate.  She then told me that Joe had just finished making some homemade chicken pot pie, and we were welcome to eat there if we wanted.  So we did.  It was wonderful!  We then made our way to the fire pit outside to sit around and talk.  Before we knew it, it was 11:30, which is LATE for us, especially after being gone.  So we came home and crashed.  

We got up this morning, went to church, then to lunch, then to Home Depot.  After we got home, I planted some bulbs and Jeff worked around the yard.  I then ran out to get a little baby time in with my beautiful niece while Jeff finished up. 

I got home around 7 and began dinner.  I was tired so I thought I'd just make some spaghetti, since it's so easy.  My sister had asked for some spaghetti for her to take with her to work, so I had to make 2 batches.  One batch like Jeff likes it, and one like my sister likes it.  

And now, I'm laid back in my recliner avoiding doing my lesson plans for this week.  Which is the inspiration for this post.  Procrastination.   So my apologies for this post not being the most entertaining.  I guess I'll get to work now.  :)


2 comments:

melissa said...

did i mention you are the BEST?

Anonymous said...

Wow - I knew you had a busy weekend but, whew - I'd be sitting in the recliner too. We loved having you all for supper and the firepit is almost always going so...

Thanks for taking care of your sis. I'm sure she'll return the favor -