Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kitchen Update

Well Jeff wanted to tile the countertops and I felt a bit differently.  So Jeff began asking around to everyone we ran into and ALL of them said to not tile the countertops.  I tried not to smile.  Finally, he called our real estate agent and asked him what he thought about tile countertops.  "Hate 'em" he told Jeff.  So finally, without having to talk him into it, Jeff decided all on his own that it would be best to not tile the countertops.  We are still doing a tile backsplash which I think will look very nice.  

I have started painting the kitchen cabinets.  I had no idea how much work would have to go into this.  I painted 2 coats on the shelves inside, and so far, 2 coats on the outside.  The outside it going to have to have at least 1 more coat.  The doors all have either 1 or 2 coats, but just on one side.    

I worked on Friday from 5 until midnight, and today so far from 8 until 3, with about an hour break to run over to my sisters.  I'm friggin exhausted.  I really thought I could get this done much faster.  Hopefully, I can get it all done by tomorrow evening.  I would love to have at least part of my kitchen back for next week.

I would post pics, but I'm in my lazyboy and am not getting up to get my camera.  

And a special thanks to my dear friend Megan for coming over to help me paint today!

2 comments:

mom said...

OMG! I hadn't checked your blog in a couple of days. It's frightening but I am sure it is going to look fantastic. I love it when young people remodel their homes. It reminds me of the goodoll days ...
and why I love my house just the way it is ;)

Meg said...

Much more work than it looked like it would be. But had fun!