Monday, January 19, 2009

Outside my box...

So anyone who knows me well, knows that I do not like trying new restaurants.  I prefer to just go the same ones I've been to a thousand times and order the same thing I've eaten a thousand times before.  However, last Friday night, Jeff and I went to try a new restaurant.  We went to Cowboy Sharkies because it is right near our house.  I hadn't been there to eat, so I didn't know what to expect.  We went on a Friday evening and the restaurant side was not very busy. 

Our server told us about the special, the shark.  Really? Real shark?  She told us that it is overnighted and fresh from the ocean the previous day.  So Jeff decided to try it.  I went safe and had him add a side of king crab for me.  We also split an appetizer of assorted fried items with a side of ranch.  Yummm...  Can't beat that.  So anyways, the crab was wonderful and Jeff liked his shark.


The food was great.  However, I was sort of confused.  The waitresses were also serving people in the bar area and were dressed casual, with spaghetti string shirts.  The place was casual.  But the menu offered several pricey selections.  It was sort of a strange mix.  But it was fun and I'm glad we tried it. 
 

No comments: