Monday, September 8, 2008

We're OLD!?

I can't believe it's already Monday again. I find myself saying this every week, probably just like most of the working world. Our weekend was busy but good. Friday evening we went just went out for a late dinner then came home. Very different from just a few short years ago in Norman. It really amazes me how fast we became "old." I mean, I REALLY thought that we wouldn't be one of those married couples who stayed home on a Friday or Saturday night to "relax." I knew it would eventually happend, but in just 2 short years!? Oh well. I guess I just need to accept that we're no longer young crazy kids. :)

Saturday was nice. I slept in, which now means waking up around 8 and forcing myself to snooze on and off until 9:30 or so (yet another sign I'm getting old). I got up and did a little light house cleaning and got ready for the game. Jeff had to go into the office for a bit, so I made a huge plate of beef nachos for him when he got home. I had resist eating them myself. What more could a person want, nachos, a cold drink, and OU Football. A perfect fall afternoon.

After the game, we headed out for a nice evening on the town. We started at HideAway Pizza, one of my favorite places! Yummm.. After eating, we went to watch my cousin's little league football game. Jeff asked me if I knew where we were going. I furrowed my brow and said, "of course! Well... maybe I do." I soon realized, that I was no longer in the 3A football world. Ya see, I am used to going to small town football games, where you just drive to the opposing teams' town, and look for the lights. Simple. Right? Well, not in Jenks. We head to Jenks, and soon I see stadium lights. "See!" I explained to jeff, "there's the lights. I told you we could just find it."

So we find a parking, make our way to the stadium, pay our way, and walk in. We wander around the stands looking for a familiar face. "Hrm. I don't see him." I said.

Jeff quickly replied with, "well... are you SURE we're at the right stadium?"

"Honey. It's little league. How many stadiums could there be?" I answered.

So I texted my cousin to see where he was sitting. He told me he was standing up near the top. We looked. No cousin of mine was standing near the top. Dang it. Jeff may be right on this one. I sure hate it when that happens. Turns out there is more that one football field. So we left and got directions and drove to another field, paid again, and finally found the right team on the right field. They ended up losing, 0-8, but it was worth it. It was a beautiful evening.

After the game, we headed to the Riverwalk. We wandered around, listening to the music and enjoying the beautiful atmosphere. After an hour or two, we were ready to call it a night. It was late, after all, almost 10:30. Wow. We ARE old.

No comments: