Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer's over!?

Well it's happened.. summer is drawing to a close. School starts back for us on August 13th. All teachers must be back for meeting and such starting August 6th. This isn't very different for me, since I've been working all summer, but the summers are so nice. Fewer children, more relaxed, slower pace. It's really crazy to think that summer is already over!

Even though it is hard to say goodbye to summertime, with the lake trips, the warm weather, the grilling out.. i'm ready. That's right. I'm ready. Summer is nice and I love it until about the last week of July. Then it just become unnecessary. 105 in the shade?! No thanks.

So I'm ready for fall. For the break in the temperatures and also, two very important events. The first, football season!! My favorite season of the year. I can almost hear the band playing BoomerSooner! I am so excited for the games, the good food, and watch parties!! Go Sooners!

The second very exciting event is much more important than the first. My new niece Aislinn Violet should be making her grand apperance in just a few short weeks! Her due date isn't until September 7th, but I'm feeling pretty confident she'll be here before the end of August!! I simply can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I totally agree with you about the last of July when it is 110*
Why even call it summer? You step outside and all you can hear is the crunching of fried grass under your feet and the screams of the plants and bushes as they beg for water. Even the dogs come out from under the porch like slow molasses, waiting for me to turn on the hose and cool them off from head to tail. It's just not summer when it gets that hot!